Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What you've been missing...

...or at least what I've been meaning to post about. If I were really going to do this right, I would make a separate post for each event, but that sounds too complicated. So here is a conglomerate of pictures describing what I've been up to of late. That said here they are in non-consecutive order:














We tried to go to a Cubs game, but it got rained out, so we just spent a night on the town in Chicago instead (afer getting drenched!)




















My mom gave Andy and I this beautiful piano lamp for our one year anniversary, and I just love it! (thanks mom!)















I met the beautiful Evelyn Elizabeth Moorman, Lydia's niece. She is so sweet, and I already brought her some cute clothes to wear. : ) Congrats Ted and Sarah!


















On the way back from a concert with Casi and Karen Mattox in Casi's new Mustang convertible - it was really windy, and I didn't have a hair tie in case you were wondering!














I caught them drinking Mountain Dew! (they gave it up for 1 year - but I found out that Karen is on vacation, so it doesn't count...so I had one too.) : )














Sporting the wind-blown look...















The proud new owner of a red '03 Mustang Convertible...funny, now she always wants to take her car everywhere!














Before...














...and after. ( I helped Casi dye her hair...twice. I missed a rather large spot in the back of her head, so we had to go back to the store and get a little bit more hair dye. By the way, if I am scheduled to dye your hair at any time in the near future, this weekend perhaps, please do not be afraid. I am really good at this, promise. Also, do not under any circumstances ask Casi about this.)














Lydia and I went to a jazz club we've been talking about for months, Green Dolphin Street. The band was wonderful, the atmosphere sophisticated yet unpretentious, and the food (even the bar menu!) was fantastic.














Jazz, a good friend, candlelight, and a camera...what more could you ask for?


Also, Andy and I got to visit my family last weekend, which was really nice. It had been a long time since I was home, so I really enjoyed the relaxation, catching up, and of course the Lake.

I'm sure I've forgotten several things, but I dont' have any pictures of those things, so its just as well.

Now for the biggest news of all: I have the day off tomorrow!!! I can't wait to do all the things I've been thinking about every day for the past few weeks. Number #1 on my list is to calm the storm of flowers/weeds outside of my house that is now forming a barricade to the front door. I'm not sure which is weed and which is flower, so my game plan is just to trim everything a little bit until it doesn't look like the plant from "Little Shop of Horrors." That alone should take until at least noon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't have much time to comment right now, but will later. You let the cat out of the bag! Hard saying what will happen today, now that we all know you have the day off! Hope it's a great day!

Janell said...

I'm going to have to watch out for you Lisa; next thing I know you're going to be starting rumors because you had a dream that I called you to say I was pregnant. Or maybe it won't be a rumor...JUST KIDDING!!! That was 100% joke right there.