Thursday, June 01, 2006

What a sweet, sweet day

Well, today was the final day of school (with children) for this year. It is a wonderful feeling to know that I don't "have" to get up for anything inparticular for 3 months. :) Now, the reality is I'll still be getting up and working. It's just nice to know I don't have to.

To say my class was a challenge this year would be an understatement. There were days when I thought I'd go crazy. There were days I really enjoyed too. The toughest thing was the lack of impact I feel I had on the kids. I spent so much time disciplining that I wasn't able to really connect with many kids. It was a very frustrating feeling, especially when so many kids need that.

Here's to the summer though. Hopefully, I'll be recharged and ready to go next year again.

2 comments:

Ben said...

Andy, I can sympathize with your frustration over the lack of discipline in the classroom. And I'd like to suggest (as delicately as I can) that perhaps discipline starts at home--yeah, your home. I'd recommend holding Janell to a little higher standard this summer, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised when you return to school in the fall. Compared to Janell those kids will seem like perfect angels.

Ben said...

Wait! Delete that previous comment! Somehow Steve has gained access to my Blogger account password and is posting nefarious comments under my name! I'll get you for this, Steve!